Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Things You Don’t Want to Hear:
Your dog, rooting under the sofa and going *CRUNCH*CRUNCH*CRUNCH* on something that doesn’t remotely sound like food. When I chased him around, he knew from experience that I was going to reach in there and pull it out. So…GLUP!  Gone before I could take away his treasure, whatever the heck it was. The remorse was very brief and quickly replaced by defiance, the booger.


Things You Do Want to Hear:
I’ve intended to read this…and now I’ve won Karen Greene’s new book, a poetry collection called Three Thousand Doors!!! I absolutely, positively never win anything, so I am thrilled that I struck the jackpot my first time!!! Thanks again, Karen!  Will be sure to let you know when I've read it.  In the meantime, check out her wonderful writing prompts!

Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable. ~Louisa May Alcott

6 comments:

  1. :)
    Thanks to my darling friend Kathi! she's the one who drew the names from the hat!
    I'm so glad you are excited to have won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! And I hope whatever your adorable pup ate will "pass" quickly and easily!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Tammy! How fun to win a book! I popped over to Karen's blog and became a follower. I like her prompts and hope to try them sometime! Oh, and Buddy looks adorable in the 2 photos!! Talk about capturing the perfect expressions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love new books. I hope you enjoy it!

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a face like this, your dog could get away with anything! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you! My red-eye correction isn't working for some reason, but I could insert text--so I tried to fix his eyes with little letter "o"s!!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!