Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #33

Am happy to report that once again it is Book Blurb Friday thanks to Lisa Ricard Claro’s Writing in the Buff! The challenge is to borrow her picture and then “write a book jacket blurb (150 words or less) so enticing that potential readers would feel compelled to buy the book.”

My contribution this week is a mere 103 words.


~Take Me to Your Larry~

Larry Ponopolis had been warning the people of Camp Verde, Arizona for years: the aliens were coming. Larry, who lived in his Aunt Tammy’s trailer along with his large collection of pet skinks, had found proof in some hieroglyphs scratched on the walls of nearby Montezuma National Monument. But no matter how long Larry stood by the popular Lotta Tots drive thru holding up a sign that read “The Allens are Comming!” (spelling wasn’t Larry’s forte), no one paid attention other than to chuck the occasional tot his way.

Until, that is, the aliens really did show up.

And they asked for Larry.


Back by popular demand, SpongeBob Squarepants:
Psst, Squidward, I'm working in the kitchen...at night! Hey Squidward, guess what? I'm chopping lettuce...at night! Look at me, I'm swabbing the bathroom...at night! OW I burned my hand!..at night!

14 comments:

  1. Too funny, Tammy. You crack me up. (Glad you noticed my book title. Thanks.)

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious!

    "I'm taking out the trash . . . at night!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of aleins down there....sounds like another sighting!!! One with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room for lots of misunderstandings here - and a barrel of laughs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Looks like Larry may have the last laugh...or will he???

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lotta Tots? Pet skinks? Aunt Tammy's trailer? This is a hoot. (And I'm able to comment again! Yahoo!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, you're clever! Oh, and we used to catch skinks when we were young. I loved it when their tails turned bright neon blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should write this book. It sounds fascinating. I, for one, wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! Judie, I have never seen a blue-tailed skink! Are there non-blue-tailed kinds? If not, maybe I've never really seen a skink? Tom, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA!! I am SO going to get this book. I don't even want to wait for the library to get it. I want to download it to my Kindle. Immediately. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, "Lotta Tots!" Sounds an alien hangover spot. You think aliens drink and hover? :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Lisa! Jules, maybe they do. Maybe that's why they want Larry?!!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!