Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nice Try, Scrappy

Postcard notice from my neighbor’s vet that I found had accidentally been delivered to my house instead:

Dear Scrappy,
Please tell Stacey that you are due for the following treatment:

Canine Neuter

I felt like a traitor putting it in the correct mailbox. Sorry, Scrappy. Try the neighbors on the other side next time.

More from “Juno”:
Juno: I’m pregnant.
Leah: What? Honest to blog?
Juno: Yeah. It’s Bleeker’s.
Leah: It’s probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?
Juno: This is not a food baby all right? I’ve taken like three pregnancy tests, and I’m forshizz up the spout.
Leah: How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests?

3 comments:

  1. Poor Scrappy! Reminds me of an old Gary Larson comic showing a happy dog riding in a car with his person. With head out the window, fur blowing in the breeze, he shouts to his doggie friends..."Hey guys, guess what? I'm going to the vet's to get tutored!"

    Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tammy! I loved your blog, and Pat's comment is a riot!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...We used to have most of the "Far Side" books, so I remember that one!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!