Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New and Improved! Farewell, Pepto Pink!

I thought this was a little easier on the eyes...and stomach. Tell me what you think.

In the meantime, I promise I can blog about something other than vomitus, but I just have to get this one last thing out of my system as it were:

Practically Scientific Chocolate Study
I was curious to see if I could eat chocolate again.

I long ago decided that it would not be a bad thing if I developed an aversion to chocolate. So every time I was exposed to stomach flu or thought I might have a chance of throwing up later, I’d be sure to eat some. I once ate expired baking chocolate rooted out from the back of my pantry. But wait…that might have just been an ordinary day, come to think of it. But I know for sure on at least one occasion, I rushed out and bought some with the specific intent of later blowing chocolate chunks.

This went on for years. The only thing I determined was that chocolate is apparently a very reliable puke-preventative.

Except with the aforementioned barfing episode. Amazingly enough, I ate chocolate on New Year’s Eve. In fact, if color is an indication, and I find it usually is with puke, chocolate came up in the very first round.

So, what did my almost scientific chocolate-hurling experiment prove? Drum roll…………...............................................Are you kidding? This is chocolate we’re talking about. Chocolate!

Nevertheless, here’s what I’m telling myself. It just didn’t “take” this time because the chocolate had been consumed too early on. I’m convinced that it needs to be freshly swallowed chocolate. Which means, of course, that next time I will have to have chocolate ready to go at a moment’s notice.

“The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives the hurt.” ~ Max Lerner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any return "messages" are appreciated!