Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

It is now three days post-puking, and I have a flat stomach.

I had to announce that, because it’s not going to last long. Not such a bad thing, I’ve decided, to start the year cleansed and purified. I can now call it a "cleansing" since my face is no longer thrust into a receptacle that was never made for the end of a human being which contains items such as a nose and mouth.

I haven’t had coffee for three whole days (which would explain the headache), or chocolate, or any of my other addictions.

The book signing was wonderful, by the way. I don’t know when I’ve ever laughed so hard or met so many nice people.

P.S. I couldn't find a feature that asks me for my favorite quotations, so I am going to add a quote of the day.

Today's: “The fire of anger burns only the angry.” ~Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any return "messages" are appreciated!