Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Am Thankful for Blogger Buds

Thanks so much to Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing in the Buff for awarding me the Beautiful Blogger Award!!! Lisa can zero right into the naked heart of a matter and magically clothe it with heart of her own…using her keen insight, humor, wit, and that charming Southern-lady-graciousness. And congratulations to her for being almost done with her NaNoWriMo word count EARLY. I am so awed, but inspired as well.

I have a hard time passing along awards because there are just too many talented people, but this is a great chance to note my three newest followers! I’m flattered that they’re so diverse.  Welcome Reckless Driver, Domestic Sweetheart, and Avery James Photography!  You are all amazing. 

For memory has painted this perfect day with colors that never fade, and we find at the end of a perfect day the soul of a friend we’ve made. ~Carrie Jacobs-Bond

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tam! Congrats on your award! You are a wonderful buddy!....both blog and in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy---Did you take that photo? It's amazing. You deserve the award. I love being one of your many followers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bec! That's definitely true of you, too!!

    Sioux, that's a huge honor coming from you! I always end up nodding my head in agreement with your posts or else laughing to myself...and usually both.

    That's the same flower from the bottom of the previous post, but head-on. Sad to say it's not my photography skills. It's just such a complex and striking flower that it almost always gives you a cool picture close up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back and saw--of course--the vines and the purplish flower. I liked that photo as well, but the close up included as part of this post could be a sea creature, it's so exotic-looking.

    Yes, it IS your photography skills. (Just accept the compliment. Sometimes they're few and far between--ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sioux, I am thrilled to hear I have actual photography skills!!! That flower (passiflora) also has a cool history. It was named by missionaries who saw all sorts of religious symbolism in the flower parts ("Passion Flower" refers to the passion of Christ). There are supposedly the crown of thorns, three nails, and something that represents the ten faithful disciples along with a whole lot more that I can't remember. Anyway, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tammy. You've humbled me. What lovely things to say. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award. You have a lovely blog. I discovered it from Lisa's blog site and will add you to "blogs I read."

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're more than welcome, Lisa!

    And thank you so much, Carmen! I'm so glad you visited!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!