Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Totally Random Tuesday-Games

I think you can tell a lot about a person from the way they play board games. For example, I knew a man who used to cheat—but only if he was playing against family members or little kids. The smaller the child or the closer the family member, the more likely he was to cheat because it was easy to get away with and he wasn’t as worried about securing their approval.

We live in such a competitive society that winning is everything to some people. I’ve watched reality shows where the contestants really don’t seem to care about the prize; they only seem to want that validation of winning.  

It seems to me that the person who really won the game is the one who got the most out of playing it!

4 comments:

  1. I used to love playing the game of Life. What a fun reminder!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tam! Great post, as always! I so agree with you. Our society has evolved into a Life that condones cheating, lying, disrespect...and it's all okay, because it's a "disease". There seems to be a rehab for anything and everything! Sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky! I know what you mean. Good character isn't as important as it used to be. But I think people with good character are the most secure and the happiest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! I always loved it, too. In fact, my daughter and I were SO happy when she could read well enough to play it and we could finally ditch Candy Land!!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!