Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Art Fair to Remember


Went to the Saint Louis art fair today. I took a picture of this cute little café area almost as an afterthought, but later loved the way the fair booths were reflected in the window.

Great event, great weather, great day. Have lived in a few cities across the nation, but St. Louis is my adopted home because it’s the one that has the most variety. As my son said, it has everything but an ocean. I can live with that.


Don't compare your life to others'. You have no Idea what their journey is all about. ~Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any return "messages" are appreciated!