Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Succinctly Yours Week 218: It’s All Ghouda

It’s time again for Succinctly Yours, a micro meme assigned by the delightful Grandma of Grandma’s Goulash. Each week, Grandma posts a photo so that we might do our homework and compose a story of 140 words or 140 characters or fewer to go with it. The bonus word this week was “cheese.”
Spurious High was forced to close its doors after the science fair scandal. Students brought a project showing what they’d learned about the moon’s layers of cheese.   139

Cheese Preparatory Academy closed down after a student was removed for being lactose intolerant. The board overturned the dismissal as intolerance of intolerance.   140

“I agree with the cheese board,” superintendent Colby Romano was quoted as saying. “We seek to embrace all dairy-digesting abilities here at Cheese Prep.”   132

The student, mild Brie Gruyere, was not bitter. “I plan to transfer because I can reach for the sky at Pizza Pie High,” she said, “but Cheese will always be tops.”   133
Me, to high school French class: Oh my gosh, quit complaining!
Girl: We’re teenagers. It’s all that we do.
Boy: It’s hormonal! We can’t help it, am I right?


14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    These are a great sequence Tammy!!! I am afraid I am skipping again this week - if the prompt doesn't turn up in that one hour window I have on Sundays, the week simply slips... not by. Just slips... 8~0
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed that you're so efficient. I have to take several looks or my brain simply slips!

      Delete
  2. Heh, heh. I wonder if the Cheese Prep Academy also had trouble waiting for their students to mature, like the Cheez-It folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If so, I feel sorry for them. I had several of those immature Cheez-Its the last week of school. Ack.

      Delete
  3. My vote is for number 2. "intolerance of intolerance"--too funny!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cheesy puns in all of them (I bow to your brilliance!), but the second is my favorite. The "intolerance of intolerance" got me, too, and it is so apropos these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Loved your use of "cheesy puns" as a cheesy pun! I'm bowing back over here.

      Delete
  5. There is never a cheesy...er, dull moment on your blog, Tammy. Love them all, of course. I agree that the "intolerance of intolerance" line is priceless -- and so appropriate these days -- but I think I like #4 best. Mild Brie stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad mild Brie wasn't completely overlooked! Thanks, Theresa!

      Delete
  6. Tammy--And no lines about "cutting the cheese"? You took a higher road. ;)

    I loved Brie. I wonder if she'll get crusty and dry when she gets older or gets too hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think I would have thought of that, huh?

      Don't tell, but I heard poor Brie went bad when she got old. Life stinks sometimes.

      Delete
  7. What a fine collection of cheesy gems! I loved them all, but Colby Romano topped it off for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you approve of my extra-cheesy goulash this week. Great photo as always!

      Delete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!