Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Succinctly Yours Week 217: Cat Bytes

It’s time again for Succinctly Yours, a micro meme hosted by the delightful Grandma of Grandma’s Goulash. Each week, Grandma posts a photo so that we might compose a story of 140 words or 140 characters or fewer to go with it. The bonus word this week was “berate.”



Gwen was inclined to berate herself for her poor typing skills. She felt like she was all paws.  80



No one could berate Gwen for scratching out a living on her computer. She was determined to claw her way to the top.  94



Gwen felt the need to berate her human for failing to post her antics on the internet. She so wanted to be the new star of MewTube.   105
The purpose of art is not a rarefied, intellectual distillate—it is life, intensified, brilliant life. ~Alain Arias-Misson

14 comments:

  1. Tammy-Each one of these--so playful and clever. Mewtube. Scratch out a living. Claw her way to the top.

    These super-stories were mew-sic to my ears. (Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all. Good thing Gwen wasn't distracted by the mouse. That must have taken super-feline strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mouse! That would have been perfect. I didn't even think about that.

      Delete
  3. Each of these is an equal winner for me. You know my predilection for cats, and this was just what I needed this morning to start my day. I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Each became my favorite as I read it. Great job! I really love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate your stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Absolutely pawfect Tammy!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just when I think you couldn't get any better at these, you do! That should be no surprise, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, you are too generous. But I do like it when she has these weird pictures!

      Delete
  6. OMG, you are SUCH a hoot at these, Tammy! I just love every one of them! MewTube is absolutely priceless. Thanks for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for making MY day by visiting, Theresa!

      Delete
  7. Each one is cute, but my favorite is #2! Simply meow-velous, Tammy!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!