Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Succinctly Yours #192: The Barnhoods

Thank you to Grandma’s Goulash for hosting Succinctly Yours! The idea of this meme is to use the photo as inspiration to peck away at a story until it’s under 140 words or 140 characters. The bonus word this week was “rubber.”


Tomas campaigned to have the rubber turkey substituted for a real one as the Thanksgiving fowl of choice. Too bad everyone thought it was a gag.  118

It wasn’t safe once the turkey toughs moved in. They used rubbernecking as intimidation, and they strutted their colors all over the barnyard. They were truly fowl.  138



Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. ~Eckhart Tolle

12 comments:

  1. I like the fowl turkey toughs strutting all over the barnyard. This one inspired me:

    "Tom decided to talk turkey, and confronted Hortense about why she walked like she had a corncob up her butt."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one mean looking turkey, alright. No presidential pardon for him.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! I agree. It would take an act of Congress to save him.

      Delete
  3. I think Val has it wrong. I think that little girl was going to do something weird to the turkey with that corn cob. I, too, especially liked the gangsta gobbler one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother warned me about associating with school teachers....

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Hahahahah, the fun piccie brought out some fun tales! Loved the second one especially... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a few turkeys that tasted like rubber! Despite being so foul, the second is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Maybe that's why rubber chickens are famous instead of turkeys. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!