Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Succinctly Yours Week 204: The OTHER Thinker

Thank you to Grandma’s Goulash for hosting Succinctly Yours, a delightful meme in which we are invited to copy Grandma’s compelling photo and come up with a story of 140 words or 140 characters or fewer to accompany it. The bonus word this week was “xenogamy.” Way to challenge us, Grandma! I confess I had to look that one up. I hope I’m using it properly…or that I’m at least close.

Thoughtful zookeepers gave Puddin’ the Silverback a nice big stick to keep his brain stimulated. He liked to lean on it while contemplating the xenogamy of zoo plants. 139

It was spring, and Daisy had the birds and the bees on her mind. Unfortunately, the only pollinating on Puddin’s mind was xenogamy…and not monogamy. 124
Remember, happiness doesn't depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. ~Dale Carnegie

14 comments:

  1. I admit it. I had to look up xenogamy, too. And therefore I proclaim #2 as perfect! (BTW, Grandma is being a trifle difficult,making you use a word like xenogamy)

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't use the word in everyday conversation. Thanks, Pat!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    wooo hooo, a handsome two!!! It really was a curly one, eh? Think we can brush our shoulders now.... YAMxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAM, you make me smile - both on your blog and here!

      Delete
  3. The second one killed me. You are so good at these, you should write a book, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy--For a gorilla, Puddin' is a hilarious name. I agree with Linda. You should collect these in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy geez. lol That was one tough word---I also had to look it up---and you still managed a couple of winning micros. Bravo! And I'm with Sioux, Puddin' is a riot. My PC didn't load the pic right away, but I saw your stories. I won't even try to explain the visual I conjured while waiting for the real pic. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you ARE a romance writer...so I bet that visual was wild. ;)

      Delete
  6. From that shadow, it looks like Daisy has a big stick of her own, ready to clobber Puddin' for his lack of attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? Or like she's prodding him with a big barbecue fork.

      Delete
  7. I was wondering how you were going to get the bonus word in, but you nailed it -- twice! Love them both, Tammy, as always. And the quote is wonderful. It really speaks to the idea that happiness, or anything for that matter, is really all about perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa! I think that's the second time I've used that quote, but I love it that much!

      Delete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!