Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Succinctly Yours Week 199: Brain Freeze

Thank you to Grandma’s Goulash for hosting Succinctly Yours! The purpose of this delightful challenge is to study the picture in order to post a story of 140 words or 140 characters or fewer. The bonus word this week was “quarter.”

Ben knelt there for at least a quarter of an hour. He felt he needed to honor the fallen snow. 75

Tom said he’d give Ben a quarter to eat yellow snow. After online research, skyping and posting forum pictures, Ben declined...proving technology makes you smart. 136


 The simplest things are often the truest. ~Richard Bach

16 comments:

  1. The "fallen snow" IS a funny line. (If that much snow fell--especially before 5 tomorrow morning--I would bow down, for sure.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. We didn't get a snow day, and it looked like you didn't, either. :(

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Love them!!! The first has pathos and the second is just raucous!!! (I am skipping this week as had to focus a lot on a special post for Blogville and had nothing left in my 'tank'! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you skipped, but it was wonderful of you to have stopped by, anyway!

      Delete
  3. Your last one made me spew coffee. You're wit is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. And did you know that "spew" is one of my favorite words? ;)

      Delete
  4. These are hilarious. I love them both. No favorite this week. But "fallen snow" was pretty brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav was #1. Great play on words!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, of course, as usual. But the first one is my fave -- it's quite "deep." ;)

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!