Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Succinctly Yours #183: Writing on the Wall

Thank you to Grandma’s Goulash for hosting Succinctly Yours! The idea of this meme is to use the picture in order to paint a small story of 140 words or 140 characters or fewer. The bonus word this week was “macabre.”


When Helena invited her macabre friend Yvette over to help her with the hanging, she didn’t have any idea Yvette had hoped to help with an altogether different kind. 136

Yvette was surprised macabre Helena liked her idea of a Buns of Steel calendar. Until she saw the skeletons and realized Helena had thought she’d said “Bones of Steel.”  140

Helena had a wicked and macabre sense of humor, hanging an x-ray of Yvette’s gallstones on the wall as art. Yvette was galled all over again. 116


It is truly a great cosmic paradox that one of the best teachers in all of life turns out to be death….While someone could tell you that you are not your body, death shows you…death instantly makes us all the same. ~Michael A. Singer, The Untethered Soul



12 comments:

  1. Tammy you have the knack for these. I am laughing out loud at that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! The word "macabre" did the twisting. I can't be blamed! ;)

      Delete
  3. The last one got a chuckle from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta go with the gallstones! And they didn't even warrant a frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I was sort of hoping they'd get the big, gold frame.

      Delete
  5. I love the first one best! But they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 3 made me giggle.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!