- A humongous, slightly mobile appetizer made of cream cheese, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, bacon bits, Cheeze Whiz, mayonnaise, and mini-marshmallows on top
- Gurgling cheese ball
- Chocolate-engorged food tick
- Over-moussed moose
- Raw, overstuffed poultry
- Ginormous, un-popped cheesecake zit
- Big glob of extremely well-marbled, past-its-prime rib
- Giant, bloated gravy truffle
- Baked couch potato loaded with sour cream, bacon, chives, and Cheeze Whiz
Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.
Sunday, December 29, 2013
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Patrick: Like a genie!
Sunday, December 8, 2013
|Shown left to right in 2011 photo: T'Mara Goodsell, Theresa Sanders, Linda O'Connell, and Cathi LaMarche. Not pictured: Nina Miller, Sioux Roslawski and Beth Wood.|
We'll try to keep you posted on any rescheduling. In the meantime, stay warm and safe!
Hope to see you there!
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013
And take a minute to think about the loves you may have left behind.
This is the most profound spiritual truth I know: that even when we’re most sure that love can’t conquer all, it seems to anyway. It goes down into the rat hole with us, in the guise of our friends, and there it swells and comforts. It gives us second winds, third winds, hundredth winds. ~Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies