Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #13

Oh, how I love Fridays...especially during final's week, when I get the luxury of an actual lunch hour rather than twenty minutes!!!

Thank you to Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing in the Buff for hosting Book Blurb Friday and also for forwarding this week’s picture to me so I could see it! I do have a Firefox update to install that I’m hoping will help me to see pictures again. In the meantime, Ms. Ricard Claro presents us with a challenge each week to write a blurb (150 words or fewer) to go with the pretend book cover. Am not quite as crazy about my blurb as I am the beautiful picture, but at least I made the limit at 150 words!

Welcome to Marie Sterling Wilber! I find her blog helps me learn about an art form I’ve always admired—photography—but never explored well enough. It’s worthwhile just to look at the pictures!


~Silent Night, Deadly Night~
Jason Rasmussen was handsome, intelligent, and married to his childhood sweetheart, the lovely and gentle Elise Rasmussen. But on Christmas night, Jason seemed to disappear into thin air.

Investigations revealed that Jason was medicated for bipolar disorder and Elise had had an affair with the boy who bagged her groceries. Had Elise had something to do with his disappearance? Yet it was Jason who had recently taken out a life insurance policy on Elise, and she had broken off the affair six months earlier with the claim that she still loved her husband. Had someone else had something to do with his disappearance? If so, who?

Most disturbing of all was the fact that absolutely nothing indicated Jason had even left home at all—there were no missing car and no tracks in the fresh snow…nothing. Or was there?

Silent night, deadly night
All is calm, nothing is quite right….


“…the rock-bottom requirement for any good partnership is that you want what’s best for the other person.” ~Gloria Steinem

11 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy

    Great mystery novel!

    Would the novel be written from the POV of the investigator? Is this the start of a new mystery thriller series?! :)

    and I absolutely love the use of the little rhyme at thee end.

    Great job

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb title for this - absolutely perfect - and intriguing plot.
    {and Firefox is unlikely to help with seeing photos - I have to used Internet Explorer for some which remain invisible elsewhere]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I really like this!
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to love Friday's as well. I need to remember to thank Lisa for your writing on Friday's.

    So what did happen to Jason? Please don't tell me that house is on Elm Street. :)

    Have a great Holiday my friend and glad to see the storms did not get you.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thriller here! Lots of unanswered questions and mysterious goings on. I'm wondering if Jason is still in the house somewhere. . .eek! I'm ready to settle in for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooo frustrating, Tammy! All these book blurbs, and we will never know what happened!!

    I have a new post out. Come by and take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the song in the title and at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Tammy, what a mystery! And I love your verse at the bottom-gives it sort of an Agatha Christie sort of feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me from the title. So many questions and so few answers. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is Jason pulling a double bluff? Is Elise all that she seems? So many mysteries to be unravelled - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many questions - a great tease and a great fit with the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!