Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Totally Tired Tuesday: Randomer Randomness

I’m officially tired of Totally Random Tuesday! Will eventually post more randomness, but not on a weekly basis. But since I need some direction in my wandering little journeys, stay tuned for new stuff!

In the meantime, here’s one more random thought: Lately I’ve been thinking that it’s almost disturbing how entertained I am by the act of writing. I think publishing is like getting a free pass to play. When you’re writing, you can even say to non-writers, “I’m working!” and they will believe you.

Amazing.

Have a great Tuesday. Wishing you…happy randomness. Or random happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tam! Great post! Happy randomness and/or Random Happiness back at ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy - Let's not forget one of the best things about writing...it offers an excuse for multiple caffeinated beverages per day! Why, a steaming cup of high test is practically expected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bec! Thanks!

    Thank you, Jules!

    Lisa, you're absolutely right! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!