Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Totally Random Tuesday, but with a Random Picture of Backyard Goldfinches That I Took This Morning Through My Window That Needs Cleaning


If you love something, set it free. And work on those control issues while you’re at it; love isn’t about imprisonment. With all due respect to Richard Bach (or whoever originally said it), if it comes back to you, it still isn’t yours. The only thing we truly own is our choices.

6 comments:

  1. So true. And I love your little yellow finches. They are beautiful!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna and Pat! What was funny was that it started out to be a picture of one little guy, and while I was aiming the camera, three little females joined him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, this is like a gift. I called Bill as I was backing out of the driveway and he was heading into the shower and told him to grab the camera because there were five squirrels having a conference on our lawn. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tammy! How adorable! Isn't it wonderful the joys we receive just from looking at the gifts of nature? I love watching the birds and squirrels and rabbits in our yard, whenever I get the chance to look outside! (and heck, your window doesn't look dirty!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are right--they ARE gifts. Except for the obese bunny family that eats my hostas. In that case, I guess I'M giving THEM gifts?

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!