Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something to Wag About

I was recently contacted by Daniela Caride, editor of The Daily Tail, asking permission to reprint my story “Best Dog in the World” that originally appeared in Chicken Soup for the Soul What I Learned from the Dog.

I was happy to discover this wonderful site for pet lovers. I also discovered that Daniela is, like most pet lovers (and unlike some editors), a fun and pleasant person with whom to correspond. Here’s a link to my story at The Daily Tail. Be sure to check out the whole site!

http://www.thedailytail.com/nonfiction/best-dog-in-the-world/

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

8 comments:

  1. Tammy, you cetainly do have something to wag about. You have given the world a gift, your words. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, thank you so much for your kind words and for the link!

    It's an honor to have your work published in The Daily Tail. You have a gift with animals and words.

    :-)

    Let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, what a great piece. Like a favorite author, your stories always leave me wanting to read more. Congratulations on yet another great accomplishment.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you are so talented yourselves. I'm really honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really great news, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tammy! Congratulations again on your writing accomplishments! It's a joy to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks so much, guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Any return "messages" are appreciated!