Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Do You Call a Group of Frogs?

Answer (according to Jeeves’ former employer): An army.

This is half of our pond army. And it does seem like an army when they’re all out at attention, eyeing me with amphibian apprehension. At ease, guys.

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”~Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any return "messages" are appreciated!