Writing is like being able to put life into a snow globe. It takes the things that are too big and scary and reduces them into a form that I can put away when I want and look at from a distance. It also takes all that’s good in life and captures it into something I can take out when I want and look at close up and keep forever. It makes the bad things into something I can hold…and the good things into something I can hold onto. Both help so much that I need that little souvenir of life.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Place to Rest His Feet


Last weekend was Parents’ Weekend at my son’s college. I forgot to take my camera. So I started to ask him to take pictures with his cell phone…but then thought better of it. This is what he sent last time I forgot my camera and asked for a picture of his dorm room. Please—don’t go to any trouble or anything, ‘kay?

At least he is not a photography major.

"Oh yeah? Well my son is god to millions of Asians." ~Peggy Hill, “King of the Hill,” after reading a "My Child is an Honor Student" bumper sticker when Bobby is being considered as the next Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any return "messages" are appreciated!